(Full Time, Winfield Location)
Our large parts department is seeking a proactive Parts Manager who can cultivate profitable relationships with vendors and develop sales floor promotions to bring in more customers. The ideal candidate for this position will understand the day-to-day dynamics of the retail industry, as well as how it changes during busy harvest seasons. We need someone who will work closely with parts counter person personnel, and others in management, to keep them motivated and devise continuous ways to create new revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for managing inventory based on demand. They must be able to maintain a stocking level to meet the parts demands for over the counter parts sales and internal service department.
- This position will be responsible for ordering parts, inventory of parts, and managing all parts counter people.
- Provide complete customer service by accurately determining the needs of the customer as it relates to parts and service support.
- Work closely with the Service and Sales Departments to order and supply service parts as needed, promote additional sales opportunities, facilitate attachment sales, maintain accurate inventory counts, and offer customer service support when needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for our employees and customers. Create an enticing retail sales environment for our in-store customers.
- Keep accurate records of inventory receipted-in and sold in order to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Maintain the condition of company inventory, equipment and tools.
- Inspect all paperwork for accuracy.
- Produce accurate paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a basic understanding of parts used in agriculture, lawn and sport equipment
- Must be organized, good with numbers, detail orientated and tolerate pressure
- Must actively look for ways to help people (internal and external customers) and improve processes and procedures
- Strong verbal communication (in person and telephone)
- Above average computer skills
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and improve system
- Previous experience as a Parts Person is preferred, preferably with agricultural equipment