Schmidt & Sons Parts Return Policy
If you are the original purchaser of a part from Schmidt & Sons and find that you need to return the part, the following policy applies:
Qualified Returnable Parts:
- Provided that the part is in new, salable condition, with the original packaging intact, it can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- After 30 days, the return is subject to the sole discretion of the Parts Manager.
- Part had to be purchased from a Schmidt & Sons location.
Stocked Parts: 0% restocking fee within 30 days
15% restocking fee after 30 days
- A new stocked part is any part that is normally in inventory at Schmidt & Sons
- Parts meeting these criteria will not be subject to a restocking fee.
- Stocked parts must be returned to Schmidt & Sons freight pre-paid. Freight on the original purchase is non-refundable.
Non-Stocked Parts : 15% restocking fee within 30 days
15% - 50% restocking fee after 30 days
- A Non-Stocked Part is any part that was special ordered.
- Parts meeting these criteria will be subject to a 15% - 50% restocking fee.
- All special ordered parts must be paid up front, before ordering part.
Non-Returnable parts include but are not limited to the following:
- Hydraulic hoses and metal lines with protective covers removed.
- Rusty, used, installed or damages items.
- Opened gasket or seal kits.
- Electrical or glass parts.
- Discontinued items.
- Material cut or made to order, e.g., hose assemblies, window seals, etc.
- Belts, batteries, chemicals and o-rings.
- Parts or Operators manuals
- Remanufactured cores after 90 days from date of purchase.
- Any return issues not covered by the above policy will be resolved at the sole discretion of the Parts Manager.