Be a part of our team and get a career in agriculture
Agriculture Career Opportunities at
Schmidt & Sons
Mt. Hope and Winfield, Kansas
Looking for a career in agriculture? We have been in the farm equipment business for over 50 years. With two locations in Mt. Hope, KS and Winfield, KS to serve our customers better. We are a progressive dealership who sells a wide range of products. AGCO, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Sunflower, White Planters, Gleaner, Versatile, Kubota, Land Pride, Great Plains, Precision Planting, Crust Buster, and more. We are proud to have an excellent reputation for having a great parts and service department and strive to maintain that reputation.
We are a family owned company and truly feel that our dealership is a team. Each department works together to create a successful experience for our customers.
Current Available Positions
Agriculture Equipment Service Technician
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope & Winfield Locations
Schmidt & Sons, Inc is currently looking for an experienced Equipment Technician to keep up our level of commitment to customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will perform repair and maintenance work on many types of farm equipment and in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on equipment and work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Equipment Technician to apply their skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Perform machinery diagnostics, repairs, maintenance, and pre-delivery work on agricultural farm equipment, with a high level of quality and efficiency
- Maintain up-to-date technical, mechanical, and product knowledge that is needed to perform your work.
- Complete accurate, detailed, and timely documentation on all reports and forms related to work assignments.
- Have 2+ years of related work experience as a diesel technician or in the agriculture industry
- Have your own tools, or the ability to acquire them
- Are mechanically skilled, Customer-focused, and an independent problem-solver who loves a fast-paced role
- Can use computer programs as needed to complete your work.
- Love to learn and stay up-to-date on training and certification .
Ag Equipment Detailer & Set Up Technician
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope Location
We are looking for a responsible and particular person to detail agriculture equipment and do some light set up of some ag equipment. Will be performing detail inspections, thoroughly washing and/or pressure washing equipment, buffing exteriors, vacuuming, and cleaning interiors to get them ready to sell and show customers.
This position will also require some light set up of equipment such as lawn mowers, RTV’s, rotary cutters, small tractors, tillage tools, etc. Some light tools will be required for the job.
This role will also be in charge of keeping the lot looking presentable and making us aware of any equipment that may need attention.
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope Location
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately determining the needs of the customer as it relates to parts for their agriculture equipment
- Work closely with the service department to supply parts as needed, promote additional parts needed, maintain accurate inventory counts, and offer customer service support when needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for our employees and customers. Create an enticing retail sales environment for our in-store customers
- Keep accurate records of inventory receipted-in and sold in order to maintain accurate inventory levels
- Maintain the condition of company inventory, equipment and tools
- Inspect all paperwork for accuracy
- Produce accurate paperwork
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a basic understanding of parts used in agriculture, lawn and sport equipment
- Must be organized, good with numbers, detail orientated and tolerate pressure
- Must actively look for ways to help people (internal and external customers) and improve processes and procedures
- Strong verbal communication (in person and telephone)
- Above average computer skills
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and improve system
- Previous experience as a Parts Person is preferred, preferably with agricultural equipment
We offer some of the best health insurance coverage for our employees. Nearly all of the employees insurance is covered by Schmidt & Sons and half of the family plan. We have low deductibles and copays.
We have 401K contribution and matching available for our employees.
Paid vacations and holidays
There are 6 paid holidays and employees receive paid vacation after the 1st year.
We offer many other optional benefits such as dental, life insurance, accident insurance, and more.