Be a part of our team and get a career in agriculture
Career Opportunities at
Schmidt & Sons
Mt. Hope and Winfield, Kansas
Looking for a career in agriculture? We have been in the farm equipment business for over 50 years. With two locations in Mt. Hope, KS and Winfield, KS to serve our customers better. We are a progressive dealership who sells a wide range of products. AGCO, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Sunflower, White Planters, Gleaner, Versatile, Kubota, Land Pride, Great Plains, Precision Planting, Crust Buster, and more. We are proud to have an excellent reputation for having a great parts and service department and strive to maintain that reputation.
We are a family owned company and truly feel that our dealership is a team. Each department works together to create a successful experience for our customers.
Current Available Positions
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope & Winfield Locations
Our team is currently looking for an experienced Equipment Technician to keep up our level of commitment to customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will perform repair and maintenance work on many types of farm equipment and in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on equipment and work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Equipment Technician to apply their skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Perform machinery diagnostics, repairs, maintenance, and pre-delivery work on agricultural farm equipment, with a high level of quality and efficiency
- Maintain up-to-date technical, mechanical, and product knowledge that is needed to perform your work.
- Complete accurate, detailed, and timely documentation on all reports and forms related to work assignments.
- Have 2+ years of related work experience as a diesel technician or in the agriculture industry
- Have your own tools, or the ability to acquire them
- Are mechanically skilled, Customer-focused, and an independent problem-solver who loves a fast-paced role
- Can use computer programs as needed to complete your work.
- Love to learn and stay up-to-date on training and certification .
Parts Person- (Full Time, Mt. Hope Location):
In search of self-motivated, hardworking Agricultural Parts Counter people to work in our parts department. As a Parts Counter Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for finding parts for walk in customers, phone inquiries, as well as shop technicians. Additional duties include but are not limited to, inventory maintenance, customer follow up, restocking shelves, shipping and receiving, and maintaining a clean showroom.
You must have excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills, be good with numbers, have good attitude and be personable. Previous experience as a Parts Person or a farm background is preferred.
We offer some of the best health insurance coverage for our employees. Nearly all of the employees insurance is covered by Schmidt & Sons and half of the family plan. We have low deductibles and copays.
We have 401K contribution and matching available for our employees.
Paid vacations and holidays
There are 6 paid holidays and employees receive paid vacation after the 1st year.
We offer many other optional benefits such as dental, life insurance, accident insurance, and more.