Be a part of our team and get a career in agriculture
Agriculture Career Opportunities at
Schmidt & Sons
Mt. Hope and Winfield, Kansas
Looking for a career in agriculture? We have been in the farm equipment business for over 50 years and have two locations in Mt. Hope, KS and Winfield, KS in order to serve our customers better. Schmidt & Sons is a progressive dealership who sells a wide range of products; AGCO, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Challenger, Sunflower, White Planters, Gleaner, Versatile, Kubota, Land Pride, Great Plains, Precision Planting, Crust Buster, and more. We are proud to have an excellent reputation for having a great parts and service department and strive to maintain that reputation.
We are a family owned company and truly feel that our dealership is a team. Each department works together to create a successful experience for our customers
Current Available Positions
Click on job description to see details of each position
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope & Winfield Locations
Schmidt & Sons, Inc is currently looking for an experienced Equipment Technician to perform repair and maintenance work on many types of farm equipment to factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on equipment and work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Farm Equipment Technician to apply their skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Perform machinery diagnostics, repairs, maintenance, and pre-delivery work on agricultural farm equipment, with a high level of quality and efficiency
- Maintain up-to-date technical, mechanical, and product knowledge that is needed to perform your work.
- Complete accurate, detailed, and timely documentation on all reports and forms related to work assignments.
- Have 2+ years of related work experience as an equipment technician in the agriculture industry
- Have your own tools, or the ability to acquire them
- Are mechanically skilled, Customer-focused, and an independent problem-solver who loves a fast-paced role
- Can use computer programs as needed to complete your work.
- Love to learn and stay up-to-date on training and certification .
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope Location
Will be hauling farm equipment to and from customers farms and manufacturers. NO OVER NIGHT TRIPS. Looking for someone who is reliable and has knowledge of strapping down loads and hauling machinery. Experience around farm equipment is helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain trucks and trailers used for hauling equipment
- Perform daily vehicle inspections
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Complete a daily truck log and submit reports of mileage covered (paper log book, no E-LOGS)
- Pickup and Delivery Customer equipment to and from farms
- Pickup new equipment from manufacturer and deliver to dealership
- Possible unloading of any freight that may get delivered to the dealer
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
Applicant must have:
- Must meet minimum age requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
- Able to pass D.O.T. and company drug/alcohol screen and physical examination
- Minimum of 2 years with Class A CDL license is preferred
- Experience with loading and unloading equipment and flat bed trailer hauling
- Kansas Commercial Driver License & current medical card
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope & Winfield LocationsTaking applications for a parts person. Must be good with numbers, personable and have a good work ethic. Prefer applicants to have experience in agriculture or as a parts person. Pay is competitive and based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately determining the needs of the customer as it relates to parts for their agriculture equipment
- Work closely with the service department to supply parts as needed, promote additional parts needed, maintain accurate inventory counts, and offer customer service support when needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for our employees and customers. Create an enticing retail sales environment for our in-store customers
- Keep accurate records of inventory receipted-in and sold in order to maintain accurate inventory levels
- Maintain the condition of company inventory, equipment and tools
- Inspect all paperwork for accuracy
- Produce accurate paperwork
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a basic understanding of parts used in agriculture, lawn and sport equipment
- Must be organized, good with numbers, detail orientated and tolerate pressure
- Must actively look for ways to help people (internal and external customers) and improve processes and procedures
- Strong verbal communication (in person and telephone)
- Above average computer skills
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and improve system
- Previous experience as a Parts Person is preferred, preferably with agricultural equipment
(Full-Time) Mt. Hope Location
Looking for someone that will be detail oriented, self-motivated, willing to learn new products, take direction and be efficient. This individual will call on prospective customers, maintain existing accounts, and must able to work well with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet determined revenue and gross margin goals
• Develops prospect lists, qualifies potential customers, makes cold calls, calls existing
customers, visits current and prospective customers at their locations, and cultivates
strong customer relationships
• Sell and negotiate deals for sales of new and used equipment according to company
• Keeps records of sales, visits, phone conversations and related activities on a CRM program, for weekly reports
• Informs Sales Manager in a timely manner of any issues related to sales activities
• Attends required meeting and training events as scheduled
• Responsible for any other duties that may be assigned by the Sales Manager
The Sales Representative must:
• Have extensive knowledge of agricultural equipment market including; new and used equipment sales, parts sales, service and repair, and related supplies and materials within a local market area
• Be computer literate and possess the ability to learn latest technology on equipment
• Pre-employment motor vehicle records check & Dwill be required
We offer the best health insurance coverage for our employees. Nearly all of the employees insurance is covered by Schmidt & Sons and half of the family plan. We have low deductibles and copays.
We have 401K contribution and matching available for our employees.
Paid vacations and holidays
There are 6 paid holidays and employees receive paid vacation.
We offer many other optional benefits such as dental, life insurance, accident insurance, and more.